Friday 30 October 2020

 Dear Cheerful Readers,

Monday was a long and hectic day for me. Too many things were happening at the same time and I was worried about how I will manage cleaning my house before the festival. 

Just when I was winding up for the day, I saw both my children sitting in one corner with long, sad faces. I asked them what had happened and both of them replied in unison: "It's so dull and boring this time. It does not seem like a festival. We are neither going out nor meeting people. There is no cheer, no fun, nothing is happening. We are not celebrating anything. There is nothing to do and all this is so sad." 

I could so well relate to their emotions as part of me was also feeling the same. However, being a mother I gathered courage and asked them: "So, who decides that we have a dull and boring festival? Who says that we can't have fun? Who says we are not celebrating and who says there is nothing to do? Does celebration mean only going out and meeting people? What can we do to make it bright and cheerful? Let's try and make it cheerful for each other within the house". 

Both of them were thinking and listening to me. Suddenly, the elder one asked me: "Mom, can we help you in cleaning the house?"  
I had a big smile on my face. I said, "oh yes, definitely you can!" 

The next morning, there was loud music playing in the verandah. Both of them were singing loudly and were washing the large flower vases. I saw them and smiled! 

So, what are you doing to make the festivals cheerful? Share it with us. We are waiting to hear from you!

Here’s today’s ‘what if’ challenge: What if we could choose which planet to live on?

Enjoy the edition and have a wonderful weekend ahead!

Love, www.mytcp.in


0 comments: