Monday 31 August 2020

Hello Readers,

When I was in school, I had a pen pal. She was my best friend from a school I previously attended. We used to write letters to each other, expressing our feelings about attending school without each other, venting our squabbles with our siblings, and sharing our struggles in life. Sometimes we used to send stationery to each other – just some stickers, pencils, or ribbons.

I used to eagerly wait for my friend’s letter. We used to send special cards on each other’s birthdays. Having a pen pal was not just a hobby, she was my true friend. Reading her letters would bring a smile to my face. Writing regularly gave me a much-needed command on the language. It even honed my communication skills.

Things have changed now, and we communicate via mails and message via Facebook and WhatsApp. But we miss our old ways.

Today is ‘World Letter Writing Day’. So, pick up a pencil or pen and write a letter to your friend, family, or a complete stranger. Let’s bring the old ways of making and keeping a friendship.

Happy Letter Writing Day!

Enjoy the edition!

-Priyanka

0 comments: