Monday 2 August 2021

 Dear Readers,

Are you watching the Olympics? Are you happy? Well, let me tell you something – I am furious! No, it’s not the winning and losing that annoys me. It’s the elusive timing of the crucial moments that leaves me in a fit of pique. 

I love watching the hockey match, everything about it is enjoyable – the national anthem at the start, the display of camaraderie by hitting the hockey sticks of the other team as a greeting gesture, the action-packed quarters, and the handshake between the two teams at the end. 

What I do not like is that I would watch the whole match but miss all the important moments e.g., a goal would take place when I’ll get up to drink water. It makes me wonder if the players know I am not in the room to go for the goal. But these players don’t know who they are up against. This time, I am prepared. I made all the necessary arrangements before the start of the game, I had a water bottle beside me, my daughter was well fed, the doorbell was disconnected, and the phone was put on silent. We sat right on time to watch the match. Everything that could go wrong was taken care of. I was enjoying watching the match. It started to rain here, and the environment became beautiful. It felt like the perfect day. One of the team took the ball near the goal line, it was a perfect set up for a goal. I stood up in excitement and just when the players took the ball near the net – my tv started flashing a message that it had lost signal due to rain. I was devastated. I stomped my feet and yelled at the rain which I had welcomed just moments before. I think my yelling worked as the tv started working again. But guess what, the key moment was yet again elusive to me. I grit my teeth in anger as I saw the players jumping with joy.

Enjoy the edition

Priyanka

www.mytcp.in





0 comments: