Tuesday 24 August 2021

Dear Readers,


Necessity is the mother of new customs. I should know, I have made new ones for almost every festival. My mother taught me that if old customs make you feel left out then make your own customs to suit your needs. 

Once I felt really sad on Rakshabandhan. As I have two sisters I felt as if we will miss the fun of this festival. My mother made all three of us tie rakhi to each other and made us promise that we will always protect each other. I liked the new tradition. 

My parents visit all of their friend’s place on Diwali and this leaves them very tired. So we decided to order food and start a new tradition. Now our Diwali’s are incomplete without pizzas.

My daughter loves Christmas and waits for our very own Santa Claus every year. She feels that every time he resembles a different family member. But rather than feeling suspicious, she feels immensely happy that Santa takes the trouble to make her feel comfortable as she might get uncomfortable with a stranger. This is the newest custom that we have included in our lives. 

I can say one thing for sure, the new customs certainly make our lives enriched. One day our new customs will become a part of our heritage and our future generations won’t know the difference. Interesting! (devilish smile)


Enjoy the edition

Priyanka

www.mytcp.in


0 comments: