Tuesday 17 August 2021

Dear Readers,


Growing up in a catholic school we used to sing hymns all the time. There was one that was our nun’s favourite - showers of blessings. At that time I would not understand their sentiment behind it. Why do I need to be so grateful for sunlight, food, or home. Isn’t it the very basic need of life. Why will we ever not have it?


Then one day the polluted air in Delhi covered the skies and I realised that warm and comforting sunlight was in fact a blessing. 


One day the water supply got interrupted in our city and there was no water to take a shower or cook food and I realised that cooked food and water is also a blessing. 


I remember one day when we sat at the railway station for hours. My father had just gotten transferred to a different city and there was some confusion with the quarters assigned to us. There was no place for us to go except the waiting room where we waited for hours. That day we realised that a home is certainly a blessing. 


And since that day I have counted my blessings every day. 


Enjoy the edition

Priyanka

www.mytcp.in




0 comments: