Monday 26 July 2021

 Dear Readers,

Do you know any foodie? If not, look no further! I am a big foodie – meaning I love eating food but more importantly I love experimenting with food. Making food is like science; Keep mixing stuff until you get something which starts to look edible. No, no, don’t be in a haste to say ‘yucky’! I have made some edible items in the past which my experimental group (my family) had reluctantly tried and praised. 

One fine day, while running high on the success of making passable food items, I made a brave decision. I decided to bake a cake for a friend. Now, baking cake is a scientific process. The ingredients must be precise, and the mixing must be done in a specific way. I did all that and more and baked a perfect cake. I decorated it with small sugar flowers and butterflies. I must say it looked amazing. The guests at the party congratulated me for making such a pretty cake. I was elated.

Soon it was time to cut the cake. My friend gave me a sweet smile and silently thanked me for going through the trouble of baking the cake. She took the knife and tried to cut a slice. The knife passed through the creamy layer but got stuck as soon as it hit the cake layer. My friend’s sweet smile turned into a frown as she tried her best to cut it. She even put her whole weight on the knife to cut, but the cake didn’t yield. Some suggested a bigger knife. That too didn’t help with the obstinate cake. One person used a hammer and chisel to try and cut a piece. That helped and we finally got a piece to try. But the bigger question that we faced now was – whom to feed the cake! Everyone suggested that I should try the first slice. Hurt by everyone’s panicky demeanor, I took my phone out to book an appointment with the dentist and proceeded to try the cake.

Enjoy the edition

Priyanka

www.mytcp.in




0 comments: