Monday 12 July 2021

 Dear Readers,

Did you see the Wimbledon’s finals yesterday? Yes! The one between Novak Djokovic and Matteo Berrettini. It made my daughter quite unhappy. You see, she has recently developed an interest in tennis and has seen a total of 4 matches. Unfortunately, all Djokovic’s and he won in each one of them. I say unfortunately because it made my daughter very upset. Each time she rooted for the other guy, be it Tsitsipas, Shapovalov, Fuscovics, or Berrettini, and each time she was left disappointed. Yesterday, she sat with her magnifying glass to minutely observe Djokovic’s moves. She was suspicious that his racket might be powered by battery, especially when he served at 125mph. She examined his shoes carefully by moving closer to the television set with her magnifying glass close to her when Novak ran unbelievably fast to hit the ball. She was sure she saw tiny trampoline springs that gave him speed. By the end of it, she had enough of Djokovic’s impressive racquet skills and expressed a desire to talk to him. She wanted to explain to him that one should learn to share, and as Djokovic won French Open, he should let Wimbledon go. When she failed to convince me to use my twitter account, she wrote a long letter which we posted today.

I understand her though. I too always rooted for the team on the losing side when I was young. One day she too will understand the effort it takes for Djokovic to keep winning.

Enjoy the edition

Priyanka

www.mytcp.in





0 comments: