Monday 7 June 2021

Dear Readers

I am sure we all see our share of weird dreams. Some more than the others! Yesterday, my sister dreamt of herself as a wee baby, in the shape of a kite, flying high in the sky. That was not the weirdest part though, the weirdest part was that the manjha (special kite thread) was tied to her pacifier! Now, what could a dream like that mean. I thought about investigating. I read a lot on different dream-centric websites, called up the oldies in the family, and discussed with my daughter. In the end I had a lot of theories to consider. 

I was seriously contemplating these theories when I realized that things around me changed a bit. The positioning of the bed, chaise, tv cabinet, table, etc., all looked different. It baffled me a great deal. Who changed my room without asking me? It was not just that, my line of vision had increased too. It was almost like I could see behind me without moving my neck. Before I could contemplate that, I saw a housefly. Usually, I am quite repulsed by it, but today I felt happy. It was the same amount of happiness I feel when I see momos. I started moving, but it felt weird. I was alternating my left and right limbs and there was a slight arch in my back. ‘Dear Lord, what is happening?’, I wondered out loud. I had moved considerably closer to the fly by now. I was eying it with considerable glee. My stomach suddenly growled with hunger. To my horror, I felt my mouth open and my tongue coming out of my mouth and that is when realization hit me like hurricane. I was a lizard, stuck up on the ceiling of my own room, about to eat a fly! 

I woke up panting and immediately went to brush my teeth and gargle.

Enjoy the edition!

Priyanka

www.mytcp.in



0 comments: