Tuesday 29 June 2021

Dear Readers,

Do you have a secret stash of candies or goodies that you love to eat? If you do, never tell a soul about its existence. Because let me tell you my friends, the day their existence is made public, forces start working on ways to consume it. You must be wondering, when and how did I become so wise! It was a slow process for me, and an emotionally painful one.

So, this is what happened! I liked to store candies. Whenever we went to birthday parties, I picked up a few which dropped from the pinata. As you are all quite aware of the fact that it’s not an easy task to struggle your way through a crowd of overzealous kids. It is a form of an aggressive contact sport. Over time, I built a big stash of colorful candies. I kept them hidden in an ornamental jar on the top of a credenza (a long hall table).

No one knew of their existence, until one not-so-fine day, my sister discovered an army of ants making a run towards the jar. It aroused suspicion in her and she opened the jar to investigate and lo and behold, what did she find there – my entire stash!

Or at least she thought that was all I had. But the ant situation had alarmed my mother that another ant attack might be imminent (about to happen), and she made me reveal all the other secret hiding spots. I cannot express in words how much the glimmer in my sister’s eyes pained me. My mother made me divide the candies between all the children in the house. I learned my lesson that day and I never stashed again!

Or that’s what I want them to believe!

Enjoy the edition!

Priyanka

www.mytcp.in




0 comments: