Monday 8 March 2021


Hello Readers,


How hard is it to make people laugh?  I want to know because I had some guests over this weekend. And naturally I had to entertain them. Asking my daughter to sing for them had not worked for the last two times! For some reason they had put their glasses (both on eyes and hand) away from them during her song. I don’t understand though, I think she has a perfect pitch. Anyways, so I picked out a few jokes from the internet and tried to learn them by heart. The jokes were hilarious, and I was sure that by the end of my little performance the choked-up guests (due to excessive laughing) would be begging me to stop. And they did beg me to stop, only for a whole different reason!
Some of my closest friends came up to me to tell me that they weren’t finding my jokes funny, or it the way I was telling them that wasn’t funny, or it was the combination of both. Whatever it was, it wasn’t working for them. Now, that offended me. I had put in a good amount of ten minutes of my life to prepare something for them and they didn’t like it. Well, their loss! I announced that I am not going to tell more jokes. That brought a faint murmur of relief, which I chose to ignore. As I stepped down from the table that I was standing on, I accidentally stepped on my friend who gave a loud cry and swooned a little before bumping into someone else, who tried hard to duck her but fell into someone’s lap who was being served by the waiter. The food flew into the air and fell on almost everyone. My daughter, who was watching this from afar, laughed out loud. 
Well! I can happily say that the night was not a complete failure as I did make someone laugh. What do you think?

Enjoy the edition!
Priyanka

www.mytcp.in





0 comments: