Wednesday 18 November 2020

One of our readers, Neha Shailesh, has immortalised the phenomenon of online classes in his hilarious take that reminds one of Ogden Nash. 

Well done, Neha! Long after 2020 is gone, we will read your poem and smile at the images this creates. 

It was eight , I was late,
With the laptop I sat straight.

Teacher screaming and roaring,
Students muting and unmuting, 
I was laughing and laughing.

"Switch on the video" the teacher said,
I had just got up from my bed,
Called my name twice but I didn't respond,
Wish I could pause that minute with a wand.

"Get ready to come to school " 
said the teacher again, 
I told myself, it's insane,

Oh! The class started with formulas,
It would even scare the Draculas.
At last we discussed about going to school , school which was cool and class with fools.

STOP! STOP! This is not the end of fun,
Online classes will end one day but not fun with friends
who make an easy way.

Enjoy your life to the fullest,
If not the trough, this is the Crest! 
Image by Alexandra Koch



0 comments: