Thursday 6 August 2020

Dear readers
Here's a story for you.
Chichi was shaking in terror. Mummy was very angry. She kept asking again and again, “Tell me who broke the vase and I won’t scold you”. “I don’t know Mum. I really don’t, but I haven’t done it”, said Chichi in between sobs. “Okay, don’t cry, if you haven’t done it. It must be Kiki”, said Mummy and turned to Kiki. Kiki was Chichi’s younger sister. She was looking quite calm. “I haven’t done it Mum. Trust me”, said Kiki.
“I have had it with both of you. You leave me with no other option but to punish you if you are not going to tell the truth. Both of you will not go to the birthday party tonight. End of discussion”, Mummy left the room leaving Chichi full of remorse.
Chichi broke the vase by mistake when he was playing with his ball in the living room. He was really scared to admit his mistake because Mummy had asked him not to play with the ball indoors. But now he was sad for Kiki as it was her friend’s birthday and she was getting punished for no reason. “I am sorry Kiki that you won’t be able to attend the party”, said Chichi. “It’s okay dada, birthdays will come each year. Don’t worry about me. Worry about Mum, she is looking angry but is quite sad”, said Kiki wisely.
Kiki’s words hit something inside Chichi. “She knows and is trying to save me and is ready to bear the punishment for no reason”.
Chichi ran to his Mum, “I am sorry mum, it was me. I broke the vase. I am sorry. Please don’t punish Kiki, she has done nothing”.
Mummy hugged Chichi and Kiki and wiped their tears, “Kids, you have no idea how happy you made me today. Your actions clearly demonstrated that you both love each other dearly. And as per the incident before, the vase was not important. What was important was Honesty. An honest person has a feather light heart, while a dishonest person always has a guilt ridden heavy heart. It’s for your own good to always be honest. Remember beta, speak with honesty, think with sincerity, and act with integrity. Now, go on, get ready for the party.”
Enjoy the edition
Love
Priyanka




0 comments: