Monday 17 August 2020

Dear Readers

How about a story?

“Get up! Get up! This is the limit Coco, I have been waking you up for the last half an hour. Your 2 minutes are just not getting over!”, shouted Coco’s Papa. He had to leave for office in 10 minutes and drop Coco at her school too. “This girl is going to make me late again. I don’t understand how to make her understand the importance of being punctual”, Papa sat down exasperated and looked at Mom for help. “I have just the recipe to make her understand”, said Mom smiling and whispered something into his ears.

“Coco, since we are a little late, you will have to go to the Principal’s office. I am running late for my office and cannot accompany you. So, all the best!”, said Papa while dropping Coco at school. “Please Papa, I won’t get punished for coming in late if you explain the reason to her. I don’t want to get punished. Please do come!”, Coco was getting worried. “It’s not possible Coco, Bye!”, said Papa and drove off. Coco was scared now. She quickly ran into the school, not wanting to be more late. “Coco! Again! What is the reason this time”, said the Principal Mam. Coco decided to remain quiet as she was unable to come up with a reasonable explanation for her lateness. “Hmm, go to your class for now. But meet me in your sports period”, said Principal Mam and let her go.

“Are you coming Coco! Viny Mam is going to choose the captain today”, said Coco’s friend. “I can’t attend basketball practice today. I have to meet Principal Mam”, said Coco and sadly walked towards the Principal’s office. “Come in Coco. Today was the third time this week that you came late to school. I cannot ignore that. I know you are a strong contender for basketball captaincy. But keeping in mind your indiscipline and lack of respect for time, the school has decided to take your name off the list. Learn to respect time and we can reconsider your name for the next season”, said Principal Mam. Tears had filled up Coco’s eyes. “I am sorry Mam, I understand your concern. I promise I will not disappoint you or my parents again”, said Coco and walked back to her class.
“Get up Coco!”, Papa walked into Coco’s room, expecting to find her in bed, still sleeping. But he was in for a surprise. “I am ready Papa! Let’s go, I don’t want to be late!”, said Coco. She had understood that ‘Tardiness often robs us opportunity’. Papa and Mom looked at her with admiration. They couldn’t help but feel proud of their little big girl.

Enjoy the edition!

Priyanka

www.thechildrenspost.com



0 comments: