Monday 20 July 2020

Dear Readers

Here's another story for you.
“Did you see his notebook? He still writes his letters backwards”, said Bully Balloo to Brown-Nose Billoo and they both burst out laughing. They were talking about Timid Tilloo. He was new in their class and was quite shy. “Let’s tease him again tomorrow”, said Billoo and started to leave for his home. “Yes, of course, it will be so much fun”, said Balloo. “Bye Aunty”, said Billoo and bid adieu.
“Balloo, it is homework time! Finish it soon and then show me your notebook”, said his mum. “Here you go mum! I did it super-fast. Are you impressed?”, said Balloo. “You call this homework!”, cried his mum. “Such terrible handwriting and most of your spellings are wrong. Let’s show it to your dad, we are going to have such a good time looking at your work. It’s like you are still in kindergarten”, said his mum laughing and left to show the notebook to his dad. “Mum you are acting so mean! So I made some mistakes. This is no way to act. I feel so sad and small”, Balloo had tears in his eyes.
“Yes child! I was being mean. I also took dad in confidence to make you feel alone. My mean words made you feel small and sad. Do you know why I did that? Take a guess”. Balloo understood what his mother meant, “I get the drift mum. I understood that it doesn’t feel nice to be left alone. I promise I will not act like a bully anymore and will teach Billoo the same too”.
“Beta, one should always be kind. Always remember that pulling someone down will not make you look good. And always be careful with your words, once spoken they can only be forgiven not forgotten”, said his mum and hugged him really tight. “I am really sorry mum. I will make it up to Tilloo tomorrow”, said Balloo.
The next day, he stopped Billoo from teasing Tilloo. He also extended his hand in friendship to Tilloo. They could see that he looked happier. Once they got to know him they found out that Tilloo was actually quite intelligent and lots of fun to be around. They were not Bully Balloo, Brown-Nose Billoo, or Timid Tilloo anymore. They had become best friends.
Enjoy the edition!
Priyanka

0 comments: