Monday 13 July 2020

Dear Readers

Here's a story for you.

“Just 5 gifts? Do you even love me papa!”, cried a visibly distraught Pia. It was Pia’s birthday and she was not happy with the effort her mum and papa had put in. “I can’t even have a birthday party this year because of this pandemic, and on top of that you have not done anything special for me”, Pia couldn’t believe that her birthday, which was usually the highlight of everyone’s life, was going so plain. “Pia, I don’t want to be angry with you on your birthday, but you are acting quite spoilt. Go to your room now. We’ll talk later”, Pia’s papa did not like her reaction at all. In a fit of anger Pia called up her best friend, “Can you believe it Sia, it’s like they don’t love me anymore! They only bought 5 gifts for me.” “Come on Pia, I know your parents, I am sure they have a lovely fun day planned for you. Why are you worrying so much about the number of gifts? Giving a number of gifts doesn’t prove someone’s love for us, giving time does. Didn’t you just say that both of them took an off from their offices today. Be more gracious towards them Pia. They must be quite sad with your attitude”, said Sia.

Pia had not thought of this. She ran to the kitchen where her mum was making her favourite lunch -Chole Kulche. “In the morning too she made my favourite breakfast – Pancakes. She must be tired now as she had been working since morning”, said Pia to herself. She went to the living room where her papa was standing on a ladder, trying to tie a bunch of balloons to the fan. “Oh my God! I had been such a terrible daughter. Both of them are working so hard just to make me feel special and I was so unpleasant towards them the entire morning. I hope they forgive me”, Pia was quietly sobbing, feeling terrible. She ran to her papa, “I am sorry papa, I am sorry mum. I behaved awful today. Will you forgive me? I promise I’ll not act spoilt again.” “Wow Pia, you really did grow up on your birthday. Of course we forgive you, our princess”, said her parents in unison. It was the best birthday party ever and the three of them celebrated a fun filled, action packed birthday.

Enjoy the edition
Love
Priyanka

www.thechildrenspost.com

0 comments: