Monday 22 June 2020

Dear Readers

I have a story for you! Here it goes -

Messi, Patty, and Chuckles waited outside Suzie’s door. They had not seen their friend in several days. She did not come to play in the park today as well. They missed her terribly. Chuckles ran to her room when Suzie’s mom opened the door. “Excuse him, Auntie, he is just super excited to meet her”, said Messi. Suzie’s mum nodded and let them into her room. “May we come in, Suzie?”, said the two. “Oh! Hi friends. Yes, please come in”, said Suzie.

Suzie sat on the bed with Chuckles happily licking her feet. She patted him on his head and looked at her friends. “You shouldn’t have come, Patty and Messi. Don’t get me wrong. I am very happy to see you but I am afraid I am not a happy company lately. I feel rather sad and don’t want to talk much. I hope you don’t mind. This is why I didn’t come to the park because I thought you wouldn’t want to spend time with someone who is not fun to be around”.

Patty and Messi looked at each other and sat on either side of Suzie. “It’s all right, Suzie. The truth is that park was no fun without you. We’d rather sit here with you and not do anything. As true friends are always there for each other".

And the four of them sat on the bed, looking at the sunset. Nobody said a word, but Suzie started to feel a tiny bit better. Because Patty, Messi, and Chuckles were there!

Enjoy the edition

Priyanka

www.thechildrenspost.com





0 comments: