Monday 13 April 2020

Hello Readers,

Do you know what day it is today?

It is ‘Look up at the Sky’ day! And why should you do that? Good question! I will answer that with a memory. A memory so magical that I find myself thinking of it ever so often. Here it goes -
Few years ago, my husband and I were hiking in the wilderness of the Grampians in Australia. It was a beautiful day, the sun shone pleasantly, there was a cool breeze and the entire forest was alive. After a while, we sat down at a cliff to enjoy the sunset. We decided to sit there for a while and before we knew we fell asleep.
When we woke up, it was dark all around. There was no moon to guide us and we couldn’t place our backpacks to search for the flashlight in the dark. I started to panic, and, in my anxiety, I happened to look up at the sky. And it was then that I forgot everything. It was the most beautiful gift I ever received from nature. Because it was a no moon night, I could see infinite stars in the sky. There was a cluster right above us where the stars were so many that it created a white cloud like picture. The cluster was filled with more colours than I could see. It was the Akash Ganga. I could not believe my luck that I was fortunate enough to witness this magic. For it was magic no less. And I was able to see it, to keep it with me forever, just because I looked up. We kept looking up the entire night, trying to soak as much of it in our memories to stay with us forever.
So, don’t forget to look up dear children as there is magic happening in the sky every day, we can never know when god allows us to become a witness to one. But why let that chance go!

Enjoy the edition!
Priyanka 
www.thechildrenspost.com

0 comments: