Saturday 17 October 2020

 This is the first day of Navratri and time for some gratitude.

This email came today:

Hello

Hope u r fine

I want to tell u that my exams are started now so for sometime I won't be able to send answers

Hope you will understand I will try to spend time for it

Your AS

Bye

This child is from Parowal. Do you know where that is on the map of India? I didn't either. Today, it is a part of our every day life.

As are these places:

Nagothane, Una, Ulwe, Dhanau, Kudal, Solan, Boregaon, Kolhapur, Ubarni, Nadurbar, Hinjilicut, Keonjhar, Sangnai, Madhopur, Bhimavaram, Avinashi, Arakkonam... and many others.

Every time I get an email from a place that I have to look up on the map of India, there is a deep, deep sense of satisfaction, of having reached that last mile of India. Bringing to all children equitable access to GK and current affairs, and doing that in a fun, engaging way.

I have always believed that in giving, the giver receives more. That is completely true of The Children's Post of India too. I have received an incredible editorial team whom one has the privilege of calling colleagues and friends, and the love of the children... that, one cannot quantify or even describe. There is a 70mm smile on my face while writing this, and I am sure that all of you awesome readers here will totally get it.




0 comments: